Here's a vitamin n mineral quiz to help us remember some important key points of these friendlies found in nature. I didn't go in depth to keep it short and sweet, but hopefully the few hints will be enough to get the answers.
Get ready, set, go!!
Which vitamin or mineral...
1. is a water soluble vitamin, helps in tissue repair and healing of wounds.
2. is major constituent of bone and teeth, helps maintain proper acid-alkaline balance, and is found abundantly in dairy products and seaweed.
3. is part of the hemoglobin molecule and therefore needed for vital, healthy blood, and is found in eggs and meat.
4. helps regulate the sense of taste, benefits the reproductive organs, particularly the prostate, and is a crucial for developing fetuses. found in red meat, fish, nuts, seeds and ginger. (Is a mineral)
5.is part of the B vitamin complex and is also crucial for developing fetuses. Defiencies lead to cleft palate, spina bifida.
6. aka as thiamine, is the first B vitamin found. (which number?)
7. is a B vitamin and is needed for the health of nerve cells and red blood cells. And also needed to make DNA. Some say it's usable form is only found in animal foods.
8. is a powerful anti-oxidant that helps also to keep the skin healthy and prevents cardiovascular disease. is found in unrefined veg. oils, butter, grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, and dark green leafy veg.
9. is needed for many biochemical processes, including water-balance regulation. In excessive amounts, can lead to high blood pressure.
10. is a mineral needed for strong, flexible bones, healthy cartilage, skin, hair and nails. It protects against TOXIC ALUMINUM. Some food sources include MILLET, CORN, FLAX, and the STEMS of green vegetables. Also apples, carrots, raw cabbage...(this could be a hard one!)
So, how'd you do? Check your answers below!!
1. Vitamin C
5. Folic acid
8. Vitamin E
Check it out!
Food is Medicine, Cousin
Nourishing Traditions, Fallon