Thursday, January 5, 2012

January is Herb and Spice Awareness Month


January is a time of beginnings for many people. And as the cold frost bites into our fingers and toes, we withdraw inside our homes and into the warm hearth. This is the moment of reflection.

Warmth, reflection, ah!

These are all great ingredients for a good herbal tea...

And G-d/Hashem has provided more ingredients for us to add. Various herbs and spices that warm the body, nutrients to build our system, and love to make us healthier beings.

So, this month is Herb and Spice Awareness!

And I want to start off with THYME. I had an annoying and persistent cough and remembered reading that thyme was excellent against coughs. So, after work, I headed for the local health food store. And that night I brewed myself a good strong cup of thyme and ginger tea, sweetened with maple syrup.

A delicious and effective brew if I do say so myself!!!

Thyme, which can also be used as a spice in cooking, has amazing health benefits:
it boosts the immune system, eases sore throats and coughs (can I get a witness? me!!), helps digestion, eases menstrual cramps, and prevents growth of microorganisms ie. ANTI-SEPTIC.

Veeery nice!!!

What else does Hashem have up 'His sleeve?!!'

G-d bless!!!

Check it out:
http://www.crazyfortea.com/thymeherbaltea.html

No comments: