Monday, January 23, 2012

What the hell?!

What the hell is wrong with us?

What the f$#@ is WRONG with us, people???

People are dropping like freakin' flies, stricken with cancers, stricken with diabetes, stricken with all sorts of shit! (Excuse my French, but I am soo pissed off)

It's actually quite eerie how this phenomenon relates to this week's Torah portion of Vayeira/(And He appeared.) In this reading of the Torah, Moses goes down to Egypt to demand of Pharaoh the freedom of the Hebrew slaves.

Pharaoh refused.

And hence begins the series of plagues that descend upon Egypt causing all sorts of havoc. Water turning into blood, overabundance of frogs, lice epidemic, attack of beasts, etc. Nature goes beserk.

Why?

B/c G-d was trying to say something, and Pharaoh refused to listen.

Well, too many folks around here are getting cancer, my friends. Too many. Too many folks are sick.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!!! Go get your mammogram. Um, don't the mammograms also have radiation and many times are inaccurate? We have been lulled into a way of negative thinking in that we LOOK for breast cancer rather than prevent it. We adopt harmful methods in order to SPOT it. We are drugged into believing these illness happens, it's terrible but, hey, it happens.

What the f$%^?!!

This is nature gone berserk. I'm sorry.

What's the message here?? There is something in our world that is not flowing.

Is it the poisons like xenoestrogens (synthetic hormones) or MSG in our foods that is creating this energy blockage? Is it the rampant rape and abuse that go on w/o justice?? Is it the over reliance on television and media to debase our values and thwart our minds??? Is it the chronic greed that seeps into our blood stream, hardening our hearts so we don't reach out to our fellow human beings in need??? Is it the life-killing white sugar we eat every day??

You tell me.

What the hell is the problem ova' here??

What is G-d trying to tell us??!!

The holy sparks inside of us knows something is wrong. If we turn off the tv, log off facebook, put the beer bottle down, turn off the cell phone, we may feel the stirrings of these holy sparks.

Kind'a intimidating isn't it??

Yeah, I know.

It is much easier to remain in our comfort zone and refuse to listen and refuse to change. I totally relate to Pharaoh! What, get rid of slaves? Change the world order? Change my habits? Do G-d's will? What the hell??!! I can really relate....Can you?

Well, sorry Pharaoh, but Moses does save the Hebrew slaves. And they save themselves. Some of them did remain behind. The unknown was too scary. To change the status quo....no way.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm sick of Egypt. I'm sick of it.

I want freedom.

for myself and my family and friends

and the whole freakin' planet.

G-d bless!

No comments: