Sunday, September 29, 2013

Please pass a Sudanese

This is the second time it happened.

I don't know if it's because I was there or not. There's no way to ever be 100% sure.

I'm sitting at a Shabbos meal, and the topic of the Sudanese refugees and the potpourri of foreign   immigrants in southern Tel Aviv comes up.

Ok, think quick.

Is this a personal attack? Are they fishing for my opinion as a Black Jew? Or is it just noise to ensure everyone keeps talking and the dreaded-silence-at-the-table-doesn't-occur.

Somehow the topic got changed very quick, much to my relief.

But it got me thinking.

Perhaps there is a spiritual thirst for Eretz HaKodesh to have this sort of  potpourri. Maybe there is something deeper behind this.

Now, encouraging the said potpourri to follow the Seven Noahide Laws would be a step in the right direction...

G-d bless!

No comments: